Some information about the Conference:
iDEA15 is DEA's annual national conference and Australia's largest climate and health conference!
Become informed, inspired and meet fellow passionate Australian Medical Students and Doctors, and learn about opportunities in DEA for the upcoming year, including our advocacy for the UN Climate negotiations in Paris at the end of the year!
So if you are passionate about global health and keen to know more about climate change - the greatest threat to global health in the 21st Century - and how you can make a positive contribution, iDEA15 is for you!
Internationally renowned speakers include:
- Dr John Hewson (economic and climate expert)
- Dr John Collee (former Emergency Physician, co-founder of 350.org Australia and screenwriter of Happy Feet!)
- Dr Alessandro Demaio (co-founder of NCDfree, Postdoctorate Fellow at Harvard Medical School and Assistant Professor at Copenhagen School of Global Health)
- Professor Lesley Hughes (Councillor at the Climate Council)
- Nick Watts from the World Health Organisation
NSWMSC & the iDEA15 organising committee are pleased to offer two full student scholarships worth $100 each, to medical students interested in attending this event. The scholarships include:
- Full registration for 2 days including certificate of attendance
- Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea
- Pre-conference workshops on Friday
- Saturday night social function
For more information please visit http://www.idea15.net/
To apply, please email [email protected] by 11:59pm Wednesday 4 March 2015, stating (in a few words) why you would like to attend. Please include your full name, university, year level and contact details.
Successful candidates will be advised by Friday 6 March 2015.