NSWMSC is pleased to announce that the 2016 NSWMSC Intern Forum will be launched on Monday 20 July 2015, coinciding with the release of offers for the Direct Regional Allocation and Optimised Allocation recruitment pathways.
The NSWMSC Intern Forum is designed to connect graduating medical students who are interested in swapping the location of their internship for 2016. The aim is to facilitate communication between final year students across all seven NSW medical schools, providing an effective and equitable platform for potential swaps.
Our Intern Forum provides a number of features, including
- Adding and deleting a listing
- Ability to select multiple "desired networks" via a single listing (saving you time)
- Ability to filter listings according to "allocated" or "desired" networks (making the search process easier)
- Secure messaging via the website (it is then up to the other person to communicate directly with you, via the contact details you choose to provide in your message)
We would like to remind all students intending to use this facility to carefully read the rules for swapping internships, as outlined by HETI here: http://www.heti.nsw.gov.au/programs/m/faq
If you have any questions or experience any issues using the NSWMSC Intern Forum please get in touch.
Best of luck everyone!
Other helpful links and resources for graduating medical students:
- Internship Information: a NSWMSC page containing helpful resources relating to the 2016 NSW Intern intake as well as a list of all important dates. Link here.
- Commonwealth Medical Internships (CMI) program for international students. Link here.
- National Medical Intern Data Management Working Group - full report.